World-class professionalism – with a family business atmosphere
It’s a remarkable combination. And it’s what makes ISI an exceptional place to pursue your career. There’s a certain alchemy that happens when top-notch people work together in a dynamic and rewarding environment. And there’s a special kind of camaraderie that evolves in a company where excellence is expected and each individual’s long-term career goals are valued and supported. It’s our formula for creating an exciting, challenging and fun place to work. At ISI, we are 100% dedicated to providing:
- Opportunities to work on California’s most exciting construction projects. Our recent projects include the Transbay Terminal; San Francisco International Airport’s International Terminal; South of Market High Rise Mixed-use towers; and Genentech Hall at the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
- Ongoing training and continuing education opportunities for our inspectors. The people we hire are motivated to achieve mastery in their fields. ISI supports training and education because it’s good business to have the best and the brightest on our team.
- Free in-house training to prepare for a wide range of certifications. ISI can help you earn certifications such as ICC (structural steel/welding, reinforced concrete, pre-stressed concrete, structural masonry, and spray-applied fireproofing); ACI (field technician, laboratory technician).
- Accessible support. ISI’s collaborative approach means that our inspectors and laboratory staff have easy access to principals, engineers and project managers for highly responsive support in the field and laboratory.
- Diverse and energizing work locations. Our Northern California office and laboratory, is located in downtown Berkeley, within walking distance of great restaurants, eclectic retail shops and convenient public transportation. Our Torrance office and laboratory in Southern California offers the opportunity to work in Los Angeles and surrounding counties.
- Competitive salary and benefits package. ISI offers benefits including vacation, sick leave, holidays, retirement plan and health insurance.
We’re always looking for great employees. If you’re dedicated to quality, excellence and innovation, then we encourage you to send your resume to: email@example.com
If you are looking to join a firm that is involved with some of California’s most exciting and high profile construction projects, then look no further. Come join the ISI team! We have immediate openings for:
Position: Union Special Inspectors
Union Special Inspectors with the following experience/certifications:
• AWS/CWI Inspectors with NDT certification and experience
• ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector with ACI Field Technician certification
Position: Laboratory Engineer
The Laboratory Engineer position will focus on engineering staff support, primarily in the areas of laboratory experiment design and execution, result review, technician support and training, laboratory accreditation coordination.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• B.S. in Civil Engineering
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions, standards, codes, and specifications
• Ability to obtain certification in various laboratory disciplines (ACI, NICET, ICC, etc.)
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the position such as standing, lifting up to 40lbs., climbing ladders, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites
The following experience is preferred but not required:
• Prior materials testing laboratory experience
• Prior experience in the construction industry
Each successful candidate must pass a post-offer physical, and drug screening. ISI offers a competitive salary package, health insurance, 401K, Cafeteria Plan (pre-taxed savings plan for childcare and medical expenses). ISI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org